Objectives of this Focus Area
- Identify gaps and challenges in the development of ontologies and their use.
- Provide specifications and guidelines for ontology development, maintenance, and usage for documenting data.
- Create the Ontology Commons EcoSystem (OCES), a toolkit for the development, management and documentation of ontologies adapted to meet current ontologies development challenges.
- Create the OntoCommons ontology registry infrastructure: An online platform that catalogues domain-relevant ontologies.
Reasons to join this Focus area
- Discover how to use the OCES to support the integration of ontologies into your operations.
- Create or consult the Focus Area posts and repository files to contribute to optimising, evolving methodologies for manufacturing and services, and creating methods for innovation within your industrial systems.
- Contribute to and consult the OntoCommons ontology registry infrastructure: an online platform that catalogues domain-relevant ontologies.
- Contribute to various landscape analysis that will contribute to tailor the OCES to the needs of your community.
- Network with experts in your field.
Focus Area contact:
John Breslin (National University of Ireland Galway) - john.breslin[at]nuigalway.ie
Lan Yang (National University of Ireland Galway) - lan.yang[at]nuigalway.ie
To join this Focus Area, you will need an OntoCommons account.